United Healthcare Breast Pump Coverage
We'll Help You Get a Breast Pump Covered by United Healthcare (UHC)
Expecting moms are well taken care of by United Healthcare (UHC), the largest health insurance provider in the U.S. - and 1 Natural Way can help you get your breast pump through your UHC plan.
Our goal is to make getting your pump easy, so let us do the heavy lifting! Here at 1 Natural Way, we offer the pumps that moms trust most - from top rated brands like Spectra, Medela, Ameda, Freemie, Elvie and more. Simply fill out our form and we'll take care of the rest!
How to Order a Breast Pump through Your United Healthcare Insurance
With 1 Natural Way, getting your breast pump through your UHC insurance plan is simple! Follow these easy steps and you could have your insurance covered breast pump within seven days!
- Provide information about yourself and your insurance plan. It will only take a minute or two! This will allow us to verify your United Healthcare Coverage.
- We'll verify your UHC insurance coverage instantly. We'll let you know what breast pumps UHC covers at 100% and which have an out-of-pocket expense. Still trying to choose? See our breast pump reviews.
- Choose your breast pump from top breast pump brands like Elvie, Lansinoh, Medela, Spectra and more!
- Submit your prescription. If you don't already have one, our team will work with your physician's office to obtain a prescription for your breast pump. Once we receive your prescription, your breast pump will ship (always for free)!
If you have any questions during this process, your United Healthcare coverage, or the breaest pumps you see on our site, please email us at email@example.com, text us at 419-740-4306 or call us at (888) 977-2229.
Frequently Asked Questions: United Healthcare
Do I qualify for a free breast pump through United Healthcare?
Different insurance plans will have different guidelines and coverage - even plans from the same company. That's why 1 Natural Way always verifies your eligibility for a breast pump.
That said, we find that most moms qualify to receive a breast pump through their United Healthcare plan. To have us check your eligibility, just fill out our qualification form and we will get back to you in about 1 to 2 business days.
A little background on the subject: The Affordable Care Act (ACA) requires that insurance plans cover the cost of a breast pump (personal or rental). Breast pumps are typically covered as a women's preventative benefit. We do, however, find that some “grandfathered plans” do not have to meet ACA requirements and there are certain state-provided insurance plans that do not offer a pump.
For more information on government requirements, click here.
What are the breast pumps United Healthcare covers? Can I get any pump I want?
Once we verify your insurance, we'll let you know what breast pumps are fully covered (and which are not). Most UHC moms that we work with have a couple of no cost pumps to choose from, including the mom-approved Medela Pump In-Style with MaxFlow.
If you prefer a more expensive pump than one that is fully covered by your plan, you can apply the cost of a covered breast pump toward the cost of a pump of your choice.
Do I need a prescription to receive my United Healthcare free breast pump?
United Healthcare is one of the few insurance companies that, for most plans, does not require a prescription from your doctor or midwife to receive your breast pump. 1 Natural Way will, however, request the name and contact information for your physician or midwife in the event that we would need to contact them when filing your breast pump claim with UHC.
* If you have a United Healthcare Student Resources plan or are covered by United Healthcare Community Plan of Ohio, a prescription is required.