You fill out enough forms when you're pregnant. Let 1 Natural Way help you with the paperwork to get your insurance-covered breast pump!
Getting everything ready for baby can be overwhelming. Welcoming that new precious bundle takes a lot of planning, vigilance and energy (that you might not have). The most confusing and intimidating part for many moms before and after delivery? Sorting through insurance logistics.
There are many excellent benefits available to new moms and moms-to-be. So don’t let frustration keep you from using your insurance coverage to the fullest. That’s where we can help.
Let 1 Natural Way help you understand your breast pump insurance coverage. After all, you have far bigger (or actually little) things to worry about. Does your insurance cover a breast pump? We’ll help you find out.
The allowable amount is the dollar amount that is usually considered payment-in-full by an insurance company and your network of healthcare providers. In other words, it’s the maximum amount your insurance company will pay for a product or service. An allowable amount is a rate that is pre-negotiated by your insurance plan (rather than the “retail price” for that service or product).
Depending on your specific insurance plan, you may be responsible to pay out-of-pocket for the difference in cost if an item or service exceeds your allowable amount. For example, some insurance plans cover a breast pump and pump parts, but not a bottle cooler or a bag to carry the pump. Allowable amounts, and what they cover, vary by policy, healthcare provider location or even the license type a healthcare provider has.
Primary vs. Secondary Insurance
Some of us are covered by two insurance plans – a percentage of Americans that has seen an increase since the introduction of the Affordable Care Act (ACA) If you are covered under two insurance plans, a claim must be submitted to your primary insurance first. In some cases, the second plan may assist in helping to cover the remainder of what the first plan doesn’t cover.
How can you determine which insurance is your primary coverage? The general rule of thumb is that primary insurance is related to employment. If you have medical insurance through your employer or you are covered under your spouse’s/partner’s work plan, that is usually the primary insurance.
If you have two insurance plans, and are applying for coverage for a breast pump or accessories, we can help you figure out which plan covers what. If both companies offer coverage for these items, there’s a good chance your second insurance will pick up a majority of the remainder of the bill after what’s left from the primary insurance. Let us know how we can help.
If you have an ACA accredited health insurance plan, the insurance provider is required to provide coverage for maternity and newborn care, which requires the inclusion of breast pumps.
Some insurance plans provide coverage for other maternity-related products. These may include:
- Breastfeeding Supplies and Pump Accessories – Some new moms can receive insurance-covered breast pump accessories and breastfeeding supplies. At 1 Natural Way, we call this our Resupply Program, because we deliver the parts and supplies you need each month right to your door. We take care of all the details so you can spend your time taking care of yourself and your little one. Reach out to us if you are interested in the Resupply Program.
- Postpartum Recovery Garments – Certain insurance companies will cover one or two postpartum recovery garments under some plans. These garments assist with healing and recovery by providing the support of medical-grade compression to help reduce swelling and soreness.
- Maternity Compression Stockings - The use of maternity compression stockings can reduce swelling and discomfort in the legs and feet before and after delivery. And if that’s not enough, the stockings can also lower the risk of developing varicose veins and blood clots. Compression stockings are often covered by insurance plans, and we can help you figure out how to get them to you quickly and affordably. Want to see if your insurance can help you with these? Call us at 1-888-977-2229.
Why Order Through 1 Natural Way?
We offer the easiest process in the industry, backed by thousands of reviews and testimonials from moms everywhere.
- We complete a verification
- We offer the top brands in the industry such as Medela, Lansinoh and Spectra
- We work to obtain a prescription on your behalf
- We offer FREE standard ground shipping
- We file your claim with insurance
Our service will have no cost to you for choosing us. Let us take care of the details.