Our Commitment To Your Privacy
1 Natural Way is dedicated to maintain the privacy of your identifiable health information. In conducting our business, we will create records regarding you and the services/products that we provide for you. We are required by law to maintain the confidentiality of health information that identifies you. We are also required by law to provide you with this notice of our legal duties and privacy practices concerning your identifiable health information. This notice provides you with the following information:
- Your Rights & Responsibilities
- Our Uses and Disclosures
- Our Responsibilities
Your Rights & Responsibilities
When it comes to your health information, you have certain rights. This section explains your rights and responsibilities:
- Our customer has the right to receive a copy of this Notice of Privacy Practices from us upon enrollment or upon request.
- Subject to applicable law, the customer has the right to confidentiality and privacy of all information contained in the customer’s record and of Protected Health Information. Individuals or organizations not involved in the customer’s care may not have access to the information without the customer’s written consent.
- Our customer has the right to be fully informed in advance about the services/products that will be provided by 1 Natural Way. This would also include any charges, including payment for service expected from third parties and any other charges for which the customer will be responsible for.
- You can request confidential communications – you can ask us to contact you in a specific way (example – home or office phone). We will say yes to all reasonable requests.
- Our customer has the right to obtain service without regard to race, creed, national origin, sex, age, disability, diagnosis or religious affiliation.
- Our customer should promptly notify 1 Natural Way with any equipment failure or damage, changes to their address, phone number, insurance coverage or changes concerning their physician.
- You have the right to file an complaint if you feel your rights are violated. You can contact us at:
1 Natural Way – 4064 Technology Drive – Suite C – Maumee, OH 43537 (888-977-BABY). - Or you can file a complaint with the U.S. Department of Health and Human Services Office for Civil Rights by sending a letter to: 200 Independence Avenue, S.W., Washington, D.C. 20201, calling 1-877-696-6775, or visiting www.hhs.gov/ocr/privacy/hipaa/complaints/.
Our Uses and Disclosures
How do we typically use or share your health information:
- 1 Natural Way may use and disclose protected health information in the provisions, coordination, or management of your health care, including consultants between health care providers.
- We may use and disclose protected health information to obtain reimbursement for the services/products provided to you, including determinations of eligibility and coverage and other utilization review activities.
- To help with public health and safety issues (product recalls).
- To comply with the law – we will share your information if the state or federal laws requires it. This does include the Department of Health and Human Services.
- We can share your health information about you in response to a court or in response to a subpoena.
- 1 Natural Way is required by law to maintain the privacy and security of your protected health information.
- We must follow the duties and privacy practices described in this notice and give you a copy of it.
- We will let you know promptly if a breach occurs that may have compromises the privacy of your information.
- Your health information will not be used or disclosed without your written permission, except as described in this notice.
Changes to the Terms of this Notice: We can change the terms of this notice, and the changes will apply to all information we have about you. The new notice will be available upon request, in our office, our retail locations and on our web site.
For more information please go to:
Do we use "cookies"?
In addition, if you have provided your email address to us, we may use a scrambled, unreadable form (a hash) of your email address to deliver tailored advertisements to you on other websites, including via Facebook’s Custom Audience Feature or other similar Facebook tools. We will not share your email address with Facebook and no third party will ever have access to your email address, phone number, or any other personal information. Click here to learn about how you can control the ads you see on Facebook. You may also contact us at anytime and we will remove you from any custom audience.